The Association for the Defence of Human Rights and Religious Freedom (ADHRRF), based in Spain, Germany and Australia, with volunteers in several European countries has joined the European Federation for Freedom of Belief (FOB).
The aims of ADHRRF are as follows:
- Defend and promote human rights in accordance with the Universal Declaration of Human Rights of the United Nations (UDHR), and other international conventions.
- Defend and promote each person’s right to freedom of religion in accordance with Article 18 of the UDHR, which provides that everyone shall have the right to freedom of thought and religion, and that the spiritual beliefs of others ought to be respected.
- Defend and promote the right of all individuals, regardless of nationality or place of residence, to not be persecuted or discriminated against on the grounds of spiritual or religious belief in accordance with the UDHR.
- Under full compliance with the law, defend and promote the right of all individuals to exercise freedom of religion and faith anywhere in the world, and, with due respect to the diversity of religion and thought and in compliance with international law, defend and promote the right of each individual to share their faith with others.
- Promote unity and mutual respect between different religious denominations and between different organizations around the world, regardless of nationality, country, religion or belief.
FOB shares ADHRRF aims, as highlighted in its Statute and by the page About Us section PURPOSE, and welcomes the friends of ADHRRF, certain that the partnership will make easier the difficult journey that leads to the respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms.